Sunday 11 August 2013

Completed Challenge 13# - Dinner for 10

Well everyone is still alive! I stuck with a simple stew recipe for the main and used our new slow cooker as well as the oven. This meant I could get most things sorted early on and not get stressed when everyone was arriving. I had a helping hand from my sister but I'm used to being the sous chef and wasn't very good at giving instructions!

We had a meze platter to start with cocktail bellinis, palma ham, humous and grilled halloumi. This was very popular and a good chance to get people drinks and chat with my guests. Despite a brief red wine spillage incident the evening went off very well. Thank you to my all my 'guinea pigs', I can't promise my husband that I'll be cooking from now on!

Remember you can support this or any other challenge by donating at www.justgiving.com/30before30sense




No comments:

Post a Comment