Friday 1 March 2013

Completed Challenge 5# - Healthy Eating

Phew! Won't pretend I didn't find this one hard. As you can see from the photo below the amount of calories I have consumed today differs greatly from the February diet. Plus that's even with a little exercise knocking some off!

It has taught me some things though: 1) I can do it. I know it sounds lame but I have attempted to give up foods or eat healthily in the past and never succeeded. 2) The motivation of doing it for charity goes a long way, when my will power wavered I remembered my reason behind it. 3) I am a picky eater and associate a lot of my feelings with food. When I'd had a good day or was glad to get in my smaller clothes I was fully on board. When I was tired and grouchy I really struggled.

Ultimately I have all my senses to make food decisions and cannot imagine eating food I can't see, that I don't know the name of and no-one is describing to me. So don't donate for my whingeing or the pig out I had today. Donate for those who live a far more challenging life than me and never complain.

Remember you can donate to support this or nominate your own challenge at www.justgiving.com/30before30sense

No comments:

Post a Comment