Sunday 2 June 2013

Completed Challenge 6# - Life Drawing

Sitting outside the venue this morning watching seasoned artists dragging in their easels I was seriously tempted to do a runner. But my lovely friend Jen arrived who always puts people at ease and I figured if nothing else it would be a laugh. Jen has wanted to do life drawing for ages so challenging me was the push she needed. As the instrutor referred to her drawing as "luminous" at the end I think she has a real chance for keeping going.

As for me...you can judge for yourselves! I have stated from the beginning I'm not skilled at drawing and somewhat of a prude so this was going to be a tough one. However you do ease into it and the instructor really helped me by getting me to draw the different shapes and telling me not to think at all of it as a body. I only blushed at maybe 2 things he said which for me is a real achievement.

I would like to thank Jen for putting me out of my comfort zone. This is something I never would have done if it wasn't for the challenges and I hope will inspire others to try new things!

Remember you can support this or any other challenge by donating at www.justgiving.com/30before30sense

The moment of truth:


No comments:

Post a Comment