Thursday 6 March 2014

Challenge 30# - The last one!!

Ah the last one. If only I was writing this having completed all the others but the truth is I've still got a long way to go.

Having said that, this is probably the most important one and really one I've been working towards all along. It comes from the team at SENSE asking me to raise awareness of the charity and what they do.

It's absolutely phenomenal to raise lots of money but just as important to me that the charity reaches a wider audience. This may mean more money in the long run; but it may also mean someone who really needs help might see there is something out there for them.




So as an ongoing challenge I'm doing what I can to publicize my experiences and the work that SENSE does. That's why I'm writing this blog and posting what I can on social media. Obviously not during my challenge ban! I'll also be continuing to get information in local media and if I can get any interest from women's magazines I will be doing this as well.

In addition to this I'll be hosting (with some generous help from my family) an afternoon tea on the 17th of May in my home village. I'll be completing a few challenges, telling people about the experiences I've had and a bit about what impact the money can have.

Please take a moment to click on the link below and find out more about the fantastic work that SENSE does day in day out. The people they help are facing far more than 30 challenges on a daily basis and I am in absolute awe of them.

http://www.sense.org.uk/content/how-we-help

I am particularly interested in the work that SENSE does for children and young people. There is a great video explaining this work at:  http://www.sense.org.uk/content/services-children-and-young-people

No comments:

Post a Comment