Saturday 29 December 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog where I'm going to try and document my completion of 30 challenges for the charity Sense. Sense supports deafblind children, adults and their families. As someone with some sensory impairment I cannot even imagine how challenging their lives must be. Sense ensures that the little they do see is magical and the sounds parents can hear are their laughter rather than their tears.

A lot of people seem to panic on the cusp of 30 wondering where their life is going and wishing they had achieved more. I am incredibly lucky; I'm happily married, I love my job and I've been blessed in the things I've done in my life. So I want this to be the opposite of a bucket list. I want to give something back and hopefully raise a lot of money for a really good cause.

The premise is simple. You can nominate any challenge you want by donating on my justgiving page https://www.justgiving.com/30before30sense. Alternatively you can support a challenge made by someone else by donating. There are 3 rules I'm going to stick by: 1) Safety comes first (obviously!). 2) I don't want to do anything that will cost more than I would raise. 3) My reputation as a teacher and that of my school is very important to me so I will judge how appropriate the challenges are.

Those who know me well will know I have irrational fears and lots of things I've never done. But for charity I will make exceptions! So now is the time to make me get rid of my fear of spiders or butcher a karaoke song. I'd be more than happy for company along the way - so if there is something you've always wanted to do challenge me and then join in!

Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoy hearing about my adventures,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment